ORGANISATION AND PRODUCTIVITY AT WORK
Do you have troubles with organising everything and you are feeling lost? After a while, lots of work and all the responsibilities starts to become more and more frustrating, and you cannot cope with it, so this feeling of overwhelming only increases …
In this article you will get to know about effective methods of organising everything in your work. In couple steps it is going to be presented how to do it from the very beginning, consistently and in small steps, so that implementing this process would not overwhelm you either.
Let’s start by explaining what an organisation at work is, as well as why it is so needed at work.
In the simplest words, organising work is about dividing duties between employees, so that everyone knows what to do and by when.
The process of organising consists in arranging many smaller and larger elements in such a way that they form one well-functioning whole. Assigning responsibilities to individual people who then create cooperating groups/teams and finally the entire company, makes it achieve its goals.
Since the whole company puts so much effort into setting goals, creating an action plan and deciding which tools will be helpful in this whole process, you should also put a little effort into this work and organise your work on a similar basis ( starting from organising duties, through determining the time that will be needed, until the organisation of the workplace).
So now that we have explained that, let’s move on to concrete tips, to help you organize your time and place at work.
- Do not even try to remember everything, sooner or later, you will end up forgetting something. A better solution will be to note down at least the most important things. You can do it in a regular notebook, use sticky notes or download an application where you can plan everything clearly.
- Create an action plan taking into account priorities and to avoid procrastination always set a time by when you must complete the task at the latest.
- Planning something once is not enough, especially if it is long-term plan, so keep in mind consistent monitoring. It is best to set a day in which the schedule is checked, so that you can make the necessary changes.
- Another thing, is the workplace. Regardless of whether you work from home or office, make yourself to know what and where everything is like at home.
- Again, no matter where you work from, take care of your workplace. Make order in the documentation (both paper and computer), find a place for backup copies, and put everything that you do not use on a daily basis in cabinets or boxes. Trust me, you will feel like a newborn.
In order not to get lost in all this, you should start making changes slowly, with the help of a tool. Nowadays there are plenty of applications that make it easier for us to function in a multitude of tasks. It is worth testing them to see how stress-free you can live. Having everything written down with reminders will make you sleep peacefully.
Cook, Cory “How to be more organised at work” Jan. 21, 2015. (August 16, 2020) <https://www.theguardian.com/small-business-network/2015/jan/21/how-be-more-organised-work>
Domes, Zachary “How to Organize Your Life: 10 Habits of Really Organized People” Mar. 05, 2020 (August 16, 2020) <https://www.lifehack.org/articles/productivity/how-organize-your-life-10-habits-really-organized-people.html>
Oleksiak, Malwina “Organizacja pracy” (August 16, 2020) <https://mfiles.pl/pl/index.php/Organizacja_pracy>